Sunday 24 October 2010

Once upon a time......

Once upon a time in a not so far away land a girl sat in her room reading 'the book of tomorrow' and wishing something that magical would happen to her. She had no prince charming but she did have some newly purchased winter accessories that brightened her day as she had learned the boy on the white horse wasn't going to get here anytime soon....


Ah, fairytales. I used to love them so much as a kid, part of me still does but I've only recently thought about how misleading they are! They tell all little girls that they need a prince to rescue them and all the best girls get their prince. Which is very sad in a way. I know they're only fairy stories but they make such a big impression when you're little. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cynic, I'm just sitting patiently waiting for my happy ending or more like happy beginning.

My favourite fairytale was always sleeping beauty, especially the Disney version..... prince Philip was smooth!



I have lots more news to tell you in my next post :)
Thanks or reading ! :)
All my love, A Cat named Cat x

1 comment:

  1. I realize that fairy tales can have that impression on little girls when they are younger, not me.
    When I got older though it was the chick flicks that got me thinking about love when I was around 14/15.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh, you're about to comment? You lovely person :)