Friday 22 October 2010

Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air

Stress. It's a funny funny thing. This week has been revolved around raising money for charity; who knew it could be so hard?! SO basically I've been rushing around like a headless chicken and receiving abuse whilst trying to sell charity merchandise. I don't understand people sometimes.

Ignorance. This has nearly driven me to breaking point today. My English Literature teacher has taken to ignoring me; like literally, I try very hard, I'm polite and I've always had good relationships with all of my teachers. However this one seems to deny my existence. Every question I answer is wrong. All my essays aren't good enough. She'll happily converse to my two fellow drama geeks about drama and how well they're doing but she'll not even give me a glance. She observed our drama lesson today and then she taught us in the afternoon, giving my two friends detailed praise and completely brushing me off. What can I possibly be doing wrong? As silly as it sounds this has been building up for weeks and I was so upset by it today I almost let a tear slip - yes I know how ridiculous that sounds.

Kissing. I've never been kissed. It's so embarrassing to admit at my age. However it has been revealed the part I will be playing in the next play I am in will require kissing my friend several times. I know it's stage kissing and it's different but it's still kissing. I don't know how I feel about my first ever kiss being staged; it just doesn't seem right. Will it be awkward? Who knows... but I'm nervous.

It's been a bad week everybody.

I just pray it gets better.

Thank you for reading!

All my love, A Cat named Cat x

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound ridiculous! I had a substitute tutor for one of my classes and when I put my hand up to ask a question (after waiting for quite a while) she glanced at me and then looked away, then started to help someone else, who didn't even ask for help or raised his hand or anything, and after that she started a friendly conversation with some of the other guys in my class. I was so infuriated just sitting there staring at her with my hand up. I was so pissed of I literally gave up and left.

    Also, the last part of your post really reminded me of Falling For Romeo by Jennifer Laurens. You're in exactly the same situation! :) It's a good story. With a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope things get better for you!
    I don't even know what to say about the teacher, but it sounds completely frustrating and if I was in your position I would've wanted to cry as well.
    Having your first kiss staged doesn't sound ideal, but you're acting so I think it's completely different.
    You're not feeling anything for the other person when it's a staged kiss, but once you have your first kiss with someone you like, you'll get the butterflies and all the other wonderful, jittery feelings that comes with it:)

    I do hope things start looking up for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh, you're about to comment? You lovely person :)